Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Sacredness of Parenthood-The Joys of Motherhood

"May each of us treasure this truth:... One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."

From the beginning of time, mothers have played an important role on how children are raised. In many different societies around the world, mothers have played the role of everything. She has been a teacher, the nurse, the caretaker, the one to discipline, the guidance counselor, and many more roles in our every day lives. Our moms often don't take times for themselves. They do more than anybody thinks. 
Who wants to work 24/7, 365 days a year, with no pay? Who wants this type of job. I don't know of anybody who truly thinks about all of the things that moms do, but moms work harder than any other worker that I know of. They help with homework and projects. They make sure that you get to your football practice or dance recital on time. Seeing how much work mothers have done for each of us is unbelievable. 
Recently, I was given the opportunity to be at the birth of my sweet nephew. I couldn't believe how hard it actually is to give birth to a child. You carry a child for 40 weeks and then the pain of having them can sometimes be so unbearable. Often times, you don't get much sleep in the hospital, causing sleep deprivation and then you go home and you have these little people who run all over you and they take over your bed and your food. The above video is a job interview which includes all of the qualifications of a mother.
Me, with my niece and new nephew
Now, I personally don't think that being a mother is actually that bad. Yes, it is a lot of work, but it is definitely worth it. Being a mom means that you get to watch little pieces of your heart walk and move and laugh outside of your body. You get to feel the love that the Savior and that our Father in heaven has for each of us, because you have this joyous job. Being a mom can be one of the most amazing jobs a woman can have.
Being able to watch these darling children grow up is a blessing! There is nothing like being able to teach children about the gospel and the blessings that can come from being faithful in the gospel. Teaching and helping with kids who are learning and wanting to know more is the most wonderful thing ever!
I have never felt like I am really good at anything. I have a really hard time thinking about being a mother to anyone because I am not married and I am 20 years old. I was recently called into be the activity day leader at church. I work with girls from the age of 8 until they turn 12. It wasn't until then, that I started to grow as a future mother. I have been learning just like they are learning. I have felt a new kind of love that I have never felt before and it is because of Christ's love and example for me, that I have started to learn to love these girls as my own. They have blessed my life and they continue to show me that they love me too.
Motherhood is such a beautiful thing and even though I don't have my own children yet, I know that someday I will. They will be sealed to me for time and all eternity, through the good things and the bad things. I am so grateful for all of the amazing mothers I have to look up to. I have my great-grandmothers, my grandmothers, my mom, my future mother-in-law, my sister, my sister-in-law, my cousins, my aunts, all of the leaders that I have ever had and all of the amazing women that I have in my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment