Monday, December 12, 2016

Temple Covenants that can Save Families: They Cannot Be Lost

"The Shepherd will find his sheep. They were his before they were yours-long before he entrusted them to your care; and you cannot begin to love them as he loves them. They have but strayed in ignorance from the Path of Right, and God is merciful to ignorance. Only the fullness of knowledge brings the fullness of accountability. Our Heavenly Father is far more merciful, infinitely more charitable, than even the best of his servants, and the Everlasting Gospel is mightier in power to save than our narrow finite minds can comprehend"
~Elder Orson F. Whitney~

The temple is a very special place and it holds an amazing spot in my heart. I have had several family members who have not been the best that they could possibly be. I remember the many prayers that I myself said and that my parents have said, and that we still say. It can be extremely painful, to see loved ones stray away from what God wants for them. He wants us to return to him, to be sealed for time and all eternity, to those that we love the most.

"When a seal [the everlasting covenant] is put upon the father and mother, it secures their posterity, so that they cannot be lost, but will be saved by virtue of the covenant of their father and mother."
~Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith~

Even though, I myself, have not been sealed to a spouse, I know that through my parents sealing, and the sealing's of my siblings, I can be with my family forever. It is such a blessing for me to know that I can be with them no matter what happens. I can be with my extended family for time and all eternity, despite the differences that we may have because of this beautiful sealing power. 


This video is a testimony of the sealing power. I would like to add to her testimony.
I know that we can be sealed to our families for time and all eternity. We can be with our families for time and all eternity. We might make mistakes, we might have bad things or good things happen to us, but we can be a family forever. It is a blessing to know that when I get married, and even if I don't get married, I will be able to be with my parents, my siblings, and my nieces and nephews forever. They are my biggest blessings and I know that being sealed in the temple, by the proper authority, is what our Heavenly Father wants for each of us as His children. 
My family-this was for my older sister's sealing. I'm grateful for all of these wonderful people who came for it.

My older brother, with his wife and our parents on their sealing day a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment