Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Commitment Quotes

This is for my Family class. We were challenged to find at least 20 quotes and share on social media at least three with sharing our thoughts about them. These are the quotes that I chose to share and my thoughts about commitment.
“Compared with other forms of romantic relationships, marriage involves a higher level of commitment from partners and a stronger future orientation... For these reasons, marriage is likely to have a particularly prominent role in shaping people’s identities and sense of self. The institutional nature of marriage, therefore, combined with the long-term nature of marital bonds, may account for the especially favorable state of well-being among spouses.”
“The final step of making a commitment to marry does involve risk and require greater responsibility, but it must be taken to gain a greater sense of security and oneness in the quality of your relationship. This is why most research clearly establishes that a larger percentage of couples who are married describe their relationship as achieving high levels of romance, sexual enjoyment, and personal satisfaction than the percentage of couples that cohabitation.”
“This first strand of commitment is made from passion, devotion, and resoluteness. It prompts personal sacrifices for the good fo your partner. It holds your partner close to you even when you are apart and elevates his or her importance when you are together.”

Thinking about how several of my relationships have gone, I realize that I need to make more of a commitment to those who I like, care for and even am falling in love with. Committing to someone is a huge step for any person. I’m no exception to that rule. It is definitely hard at times to want to stay committed to someone that you truly care for. But I know that as I stay committed to my partner, the love of my life, my everything, I will be able to have a stronger bond and understanding of them and of us as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment